Thursday, February 4, 2016

Who is Anya Reid?

          I'm a senior at Wayne State University, and I plan on having my undergraduate degree in Public Relations completed by this summer. My college experience did not begin at Wayne State; I spent a couple years part time at Oakland Community College, and then I transferred to Oakland University. Although the school was very close to my home, OU was not the right fit for me; I felt like I needed a drastic change in environment. My cousin persuaded me check out Wayne State, and I did some research into the programs they offered. Eventually I discovered the Public Relations program, and I felt like it was something I could see myself doing as a career. 
          At this current moment, I am enrolled in four classes: News Reporting, Communication and Social Marketing, Introduction to Philosophy, and Photojournalism. My twitter account https://twitter.com/AigneisReid is being used primarily for my news reporting class, but it will also be used for photojournalism and in connection with this blog. I have an instagram account https://www.instagram.com/aigneis_reid/ that I've been using for many years, but I will also utilize it for my photojournalism class as well. 
          A few facts I learned about blogging is that it needs to be used in conjunction with other social media platforms such as instagram, twitter, and many other platforms. Many journalists are bloggers, but not all bloggers are journalists; this can lead to many bloggers writing inaccuracies because they don't follow the same principles and ethical codes practiced by journalists today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment